NASA Goddard is looking for a chief information officer.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Leading Change – Involves the ability to bring about strategic change, within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People – Involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organizations vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven – Involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen – Involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions – Involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
1. Applicants must demonstrate significant experience and a proven track record of accomplishments in the direction, management, oversight and financial control of IT infrastructure and assets for an organization of comparable size and scope.
2. Applicants must demonstrate experience and accomplishments in developing both strategic and tactical linkages between mission, productivity, budget and implementation of IT policies, procedures, services, and compliance in a cost-effective manner.
3. Applicants must demonstrate state of the art working knowledge in areas such as modern IT systems, IT security procedures, local and wide-area networking architectures and quality of service standards. Operational experience with managing large scale security operations or consolidated services is desirable.
4. Applicants must demonstrate a working knowledge or experience in areas such as IT research, development and operational environments and strategies for leveraging and integration across these environments.
5. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major study in a related field, such as computer science, information systems, science, or engineering is desirable.
Salary is $119,554 to $165,300. Application deadline is November 29.